Tuesday, January 03, 2006

à percevoir.

Today, I've found out for sure that I'm going to participate in a corporate-related competition. My superior told me that I'm the one of three participants from our store. There are several awards for each round, but most of my focus is on the ultimate prize. 6 winners of finals are given a full day at the Mid-Ohio race track driving race cars (I'm not sure what type of vehicles yet). Of course there are "other" stuffs such as luncheon, hotel accommodations, ya di ya da.

There will be a series of qualifications that I have to do, but regarding this is the one of my specialty, I knew I'll make it to the final round.

Me:“Hey, you know I’m going all the way to the top on this thing.”

My superior: “How come are you so sure?”

Me:“because I know I will.”

My superior: “Do you think you could take down Hassan?” (He is one of the participants from our store).

Me:“Dude, I’m all over him.”

My superior: “though, he’s pretty good.”

Me: “I have a method that I use to establish my points through presentation; after the presentation, everyone would agree with me.” (It’s too long to write here about my skills, my job, my personality, and my “works”)

My superior: looking at me like I’m way overconfident “What is your method?”

Me: looking at him like he’s lost. “After my presentation, people will have three things in their head which are “Why do I need his product,” “Why do I want this product,” and “Why do I need to do business with him.”

My superior: still looking at me like I will never make it through my life “Ok.”

Sometimes I feel that I maybe overconfident, but this one I feel it, because I have some serious drivings to do.

No comments: