Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Why?

A few days ago, I went to see Jody Foster's new film "The Brave One" at the theater.
As usual, I situated myself comfortably on a seat then put my phone on vibrate mode. Staring at some pre-show ads, reminders(no talking & turn off your phones..), then the previews.. like I always do. Now, what I'm about to tell you happens frequently to me at the movies, so see if it happens to you as well.

First, right after the previews for upcoming attractions ends, your film starts.. At intro, synopsis are showing and you're trying to absorb the idea behind the whole story.. There's a cracking sounds of opening a fresh box of candy. Why are they waiting till the beginning of the movie to open their tasty treat?

Second, while you're trying to ignore the irritating sounds of cellophane wrappers of candies, slurping flavored drinks and chewing popcorn, you put yourself into the movie. Within fifteen minutes of an intro, there are two woman seating left of me gets up in a separate times, decides to go to a restroom.(they shouldn't ate and drank all of their tasty movie treats before the movie starts, that's just my opinion).

In a short moment, someone’s getting a text message. How do I know? because of that annoying sound of "ding ding ding.." Why that someone has to be one of that two woman went to the restroom? Even more so, now people around that woman are listening to the phone telling a reminder "ding ding ding" to its owner at exactly one minute later. Afterwards there were three more "ding ding ding"s.

Finally, the "eternal commentators" were present. Let me share something with you, to be an "eternal commentator," you must swore to be a not-so-great whisper. People could hear your 'not-so-great' whispers and they know exactly what you're telling your friend next to you. This gets really bad as the movie progresses, I could simply rest my eyes and listen to that one "eternal commentator" goes to work. She will inform you what's going on as you're a blind person. Some of the lucky ones possess the psychic abilities and they could even predict what will happen next. (at this point, I do not know the point of watching movie at the theater instead of watch it on my big screen at home).

All of the movie-goers are not as bad as some. People are human. Humans do have emotions, thoughts and freedom. However having your feelings, thoughts and freedom while annoying others isn't fair. In fact that's quiet rude. It's called manners and consideration. After all, you're not the only ones who chose to be in that room with others and watch the film of your choice. Respect the others by getting your candies out of that annoying cellophane wrappers then putting them into a cardboard box that came in with to reduce the noise, and follow the instructions of the facility by turning off the phones. Because if you had to be at certain places, you wouldn't be in the theater anyhow. Finally, for God's sake don't talk while movie is running. Just don't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I so agree with you. I hate how inconsiderate many people are when I go see a film. Maybe you should write a script about a movie patron vigilante--like Jodie. :)

albert said...

Maybe.

Hey, what if that script turns into a comedy? Haha.

Perhaps I could join the LearJet club.

Then have a sequal about the airline travel.

Ha!