Monday, May 15, 2006

My Moment, And My Moment Only Please.

Yes, I've finally done it. I've went to a music concert on my own. The last music concert I've seen was back in Korea, 'Charity Concert from the Red Cross' hehe, yea, it was awesome.. right. They did had some of A celebrities appear, but mostly the B's and the C's.

Since then closest celebrity encounter I had was about 6 month ago, my friend Gary and I were in the Club 152, which is located in Beale St. (pretty famous street where Blues musicians made their legends), we're drinking and 'checking out' the crowds.. All of the sudden, Steven Seagal walks in to the joint! Gary looked at me then asked the obvious question, "hey, is that Steven Seagal?," I replied "Yea, dude. This is crazy. I've heard that he bought a house in Memphis, guess that's true." He got on the stage, put on a guitar, started to jamming away.

I've always been interested in music, but never 'organize' or 'plan' myself to attend an event or two. Also, Memphis isn't the place where many of artists schedule their concerts. (at least the 'ones' that I like to see).
We do have a big summer event which lot of artists performs, but I never wanted to be in that crowd.. Why? For a some reason, every year around that event, it rained.
The official name of that event is "Memphis In May Music Fest," but the locals call it the "Mud Fest" I tend to like some of artists comes through but nah, not me.
There are small concerts throughout the year, but I didn't find enough interests in them to go see. (and get muddy.. Right)

Ohhh, there was one time, I almost had a chance to see one of my fav. band Linkin Park in town, but that dumb ass Amber, then my ex-girlfriend's employee, supposed to hold my tickets then ended up selling my tickets to some stranger! She 'forgot the hold' part, and I think she was upset with her manager 'my ex,' oh well. Since then I haven't got inspired to go attend a music concert.

Last February, I've logged onto Jamesblunt.com and found out he's having a US Summer Tour, and schedules including Atlanta(Sat. 13th of May), Nashville(Sun. 14th), St. Louis(Mon. 15th).. See? Memphis wasn't in the plan. I've picked Nashville because it's the closest.

From Memphis to Nashville takes about 3hours, I've got there 2 hours early to do some sight seeing, then met this group.















Kelly, Micah, Holley
Cheers mates!

Concert was great!
Although I had this lady next to me who kept telling me not to "sing,"

























Finally,
I'll leave you with this...









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You tried to sing? At a concert? Next you'll tell me you clapped or danced a little. You crazy guy you! I think we've all run into that lady at concerts! But, glad you had a good time.

albert said...

Yeah, one time she even put a finger on her mouth to 'sheee' me.
I felt like a boy supposed to behave next to his monther at the
church.

hey how did your weekend escape go?

Anonymous said...

Well that woman had issues!! I didn't have such a great weekend. I was doing work--not having fun. But, now I',m determined to have some fun!!!!!!

albert said...

She told me that she was
'seperated' from her beau due to their seat arrangements (that's why you don't buy tickets from the scalpers!) & on top of that, she had to spend the rest of evening next to an asian dude who kept on singing, well? all of the songs..lol.

Anyway, I'm proud of myself for
setting a goal then accomplishing it.

Sher,

I think I will put this into my 'good' memory-bank.


p.s. I'm having a party with my closest friends at Memphis BBQ Festival this week. If you like BBQ (well you are from the south, aint' ya?), this is 'the' event. You and your family should come down.

Anonymous said...

Ahh Albert--how I wish I could come to your party!!!! Memphis BBQ, how wonderful. I hope you take lots of pictures and post them on your blog. And eat lots of BBQ.

Anonymous said...

모야..요즘 뭐 이리 뜸해...
바뻐???
니 사진도 한장 올려보시쥐~~~